Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tim Lincecum

Lincecum I did a good amount of research this year for fantasy baseball.  My friend asked me to rejoin a league that I had previously participated in with his uncles and their friends.  It was a prize money league and so I wanted to make a good showing and possibly walk away with some cash.

With one week to go in the fantasy regular season, I'm in second place in the league.  While I had a very good draft overall, the two main reasons that my team performed as well as it did were the selections of Josh Hamilton and Tim Lincecum.

It is amazing what Lincecum has done on a bad team.  The Giants are 15 games under .500.  The pathetic offense that has killed Matt Cain last season and this hasn't been a big problem for Lincecum who so far is 14 - 3 with a 2.48 ERA.  He's struck out an impressive 200 batters in 177.2 IP.  All this in just his second season in the big leagues.

Pictured here is a Tim Lincecum rookie card from 2007 Topps Baseball.  It won't be worth a ton of money even after Lincecum wins the NL Cy Young Award, but it's now an important part of my collection because of what he's done for my fantasy team this season.

 

No comments: