Saturday, June 27, 2009

A grand post

A quick post before I shut down the computer and disassemble it like Number 5 for the big move tomorrow. I've surpassed 1,000 visitors thanks largely to a link from Mario over at Wax Heaven. Welcome to all of the new readers. I hope you like what you've seen so far. Things will pick up again once this move is over and I'm settled back in.

I never got around to scanning it to post, but in place of one of the Timelines cards that Upper Deck couldn't replace they sent me an Albert Pujols jersey cards from 2005 SP Authentic numbered to 130. It's just a plain white swatch, but it was a great surprise from a batch of damaged cards that I thought were long lost.

I placed an order for some wax for myself with Father's Day gifts. Blowout Cards had some ridiculous weekend specials on what I was looking to buy and so they got my order. On the way are2008 Allen & Ginter, 2008 Topps 1 Jumbos (love the Trading Card History inserts), 2007 Masterpieces (now that they're nice and cheap) and 2006/07 Topps Basketball (love the Larry Bird inserts). Look for box breaks to follow and hopefully I'll be able to get more of my player collections scanned since the majority of my collection is temporarily in storage pending a second, future move and my player collections will be all I have with me.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Sounds great. Can't wait to see them. I agree with your Masterpieces quote, it definitely is one of the best deals in the hobby.