Saturday, September 11, 2010

Williams/Buchholz (Goodbye Pierce, Hello Reggie)

For some reason, this scheduled post didn’t get posted on Saturday so I’m posting it now.  Just imagine that you’re reading it on Saturday.

BirthdayToday is my 35th birthday.  For the past 9 years, it really hasn’t been the best day for celebrating.  In fact, I often get a sympathetic reaction just from telling someone my birthday when they are taking down my information.  That being said, I will be out having a good time tomorrow with the family.

Thanks to everyone still reading the sporadic posts here.  It’s been one issue after another this past summer keeping me from posting regularly.  There was the issue of the temperature getting too high to sit up here comfortably.  Next year, I’ll have a better air conditioner up here so that won’t be a problem.  Then there was the issue of my now 5 year old computer really not cutting it anymore.  The hard drive is pretty jam packed, the wireless isn’t so great and it’s about time I upgraded.  Luckily, I will have that opportunity soon and this computer will most likely become one that my daughter can use in her playroom.  There’s also the ennui that a lot of other bloggers seem to be going through as well.  I haven’t been purchasing a lot of cards lately and have lost some interest in writing about the hobby.  There hasn’t been a whole lot of new product out there that has interested me.  I do have my eyes on some products though and should be able to go on a little bit of a sports card splurge after my trip to Disney at the end of the month.

I do have some good news to write about though.  A friend of mine decided that he no longer had the space to store his sports card collection and brought a large Tupperware bin full of cards to me to sort through.  There was a lot of great stuff in there that I plan on posting about over the next couple of weeks.  So, there’s that.

PierceReggieSo, it’s so long Pierce.

Hello Reggie.







1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

Your birthday is your birthday, so extenuating circumstances aside, I hope you had a pleasant day. I'm looking forward to seeing what your Tupperware treasure box gave up.