Sunday, March 1, 2009

2007 UD Elements pack break

JasonBayElements

Dave and Adam’s Card World has been running a very popular promotion where you get free packs based on how much you spend on your order.  I decided to take a shot on two packs of 2007 Upper Deck Elements.  I almost pulled the trigger on a box and figured that I could use these two packs to gauge my interest in the set.

The first pack didn’t result in anything special, but when I picked up the second pack I could tell that something special was in there.  I opened the pack and got a Jason Bay Gold Clear-Cut Elements autographed game-used card numbered 114/199.

I already was a fan of Jason Bay.  He’s someone I’ve targeted in fantasy baseball drafts.  This card is an even better pull now that he’s a member of the Boston Red Sox.  Now that he’s had part of last season to adjust to hitting in Fenway Park, I think his power numbers are going to increase.  He should be able to easily pepper balls off of the Green Monster and put a few over it.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: